*updated on 1/1/2020*
Is your Pinterest account ready for 2020?
*FTC Disclosure: This post or video contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission for purchases made through my links at no extra cost to you*
Happy new year friends!! 🎉 It’s 2020 and now is the time to get serious about blogging!!!
How many times have you heard that??
You guys! In 2018, Pinterest hit nearly 800 BILLION dollars in ad revenue, which was a 60% jump from 2017, and had over 291 MILLION active users as of 2019!!! Which means I cannot wait to see updated stats!
My point? Friends now is the time!!!!! You cannot go on Pinterest and mess around, if you’re on Pinterest to be seen, you need to play the game and right!
Using Pinterest for my blog and business has been nothing short of amazing. I can tell you that about 90% of my views come from Pinterest. Just look at the picture above.
Full disclosure *This took a lot of hard work and dedication, it did not come from luck, it came from learning and working my butt off consistently*
Have you ever wondered how you can generate this kind of traffic from Pinterest for your blog or business?
If you have, you are in the right place! It’s all good my friend, I totally get it! As an expert Pinterest Manager, I can tell you by updating your Pinterest profile, you are setting yourself up for success!
Not everyone knows that in order to get the most out of Pinterest you have to do all of these things, and that’s ok, that’s what us experts are for!
As a matter of fact, let’s take a look at those glorious steps to get our Pinterest rocking for 2020!
This is done in three different blocks:
Complete profile clean up and set up
Complete board clean up and set up
Joining group boards and creating some
Pinterest Profile Clean Up + Set-Up
- Convert your profile to a business account if you haven’t already done so
- Edit your profile name and description so that it has keywords included in it
- Claim your website (and any other social media accounts that are applicable to Pinterest)
- Enable rich pins
- Follow relevant accounts that may be of interest to you
- Unfollow accounts that don’t interest you
- Upload or select a cover photo or video for your Pinterest profile
Boards Clean up + SEO Set-Up
- Hide boards that you don’t pin to daily or that aren’t relevant to your niche (these boards are called secret boards, you can still use them normally, people following you won’t see them)
- Create boards for you that are relevant to your niche (unless you already have some created)
- Go through all of your boards and make sure they have SEO optimized (which means they all have keywords in the board name and description)
- Choose the best category for that board (this helps your board get found easier)
- Select featured boards (these are the board’s users will see first when they click on your profile)
- Create and customize board covers for all of your boards
- Change the order of your boards (I will always make yours first, then group boards)
- Leave group boards that aren’t helping your content
Joining + Creating group boards
- Add you to relevant group boards that will help your traffic skyrocket
- I will help you create your own if you would like some
- Turn on the request to join button for your group boards
Once you have conquered all of these steps, you can start pinning!
If you haven’t already I highly suggest using Tailwind for scheduling pins, It’s the best scheduler around seriously.
The key to Pinterest success is bomb SEO and consistency!
Have you considered hiring a Pinterest Account Manager for help? Check out my services here, I would love to help you!
I know, it’s a lot to take in! There are so many steps, but I promise you once you have accomplished all of these steps, it will be worth it!
If you have any questions at all, PLEASE PLEASE e-mail me at superheromom6@Gmail.com 😊